Thursday, June 4, 2009

Late nights at work mean no morning workouts for me

I admit, I've been slacking this week. Blame it spending my nights at my desk, working a night shift. Late nights mean it's hard to get up and going in the morning.

With an early morning assignment followed by a big chunk of free time in the early afternoon before I had to be at my desk, I was planning on sneaking in a run on National Running Day Wednesday. But first I wanted to finish reading something and the next thing I knew I had to be to work in a half hour. I guess a 2 1/2 hour nap was more important because the run? I failed at that miserably.

But I managed to get on my bike today for a 14-mile ride before heading into the office. That felt good. And it didn't hurt that it was a gorgeous day out this afternoon. Although there were a bunch of clouds o' bugs that I managed to ride through. Ugh. Nasty.

And next week? I've got no excuses to keep me from running, biking, swimming or generally enjoying the days. Why? Well it's furlough time again.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh boy more furloughs...I guess the positive is you'll have plenty of time to workout??

Nat said...

Another furlough? 14 days until your tri, how exciting! I am supposed to have one on Sunday but sounds like big rains...I melt in the rain.