Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March reading review

After taking more than a month to tackle Gone with the Wind, I'm slowly getting back into the reading groove.

I finished 3 books in March for a total of 917 pages. That brings my total to 5 books and 2,250 pages for the year. Makes me wonder if I'm going to accomplish that 40-book goal I set for myself. Especially considering last year at this time? I had finished 13 books. Yeah, I'd say I'm a little behind.

Anyway. What'd I read? Take a look:

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
The Broker by John Grisham
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

In general, I usually like John Grisham, but I don't think The Broker is his best work. And the one about Dewey, the library cat? Kind of cute.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

You might be a bit behind, but you have 3/4 of the year left to get caught up! :)

Bethany K. Warner said...

I read Dewey too... agree. It is kind of cute, but not the most amazingly written book ever.

Deloris said...

Did you like The Reader? I'll thinking about picking it up. By the way I enjoyed In Cold Blood. Very good book.