Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've been keeping a secret

I didn't want to jinx it, so I've kept it kind of mum.

But I think it's safe to fess up.

I've met a boy.

I'll give you a moment or two to compose yourselves, faithful readers, because this is big news.

* waits *

OK. I'll continue now.

So yeah, the girl who went through a self-imposed two year dating hiatus met a boy. Actually, it was a blind date set up by a co-worker. Which is impressive for me. Because me? I don't usually do blind dates.

It was about a month ago that I first chatted with the boy. From now on, we'll call him The Coach, which is appropriate since he's an assistant high school coach. Anyway, our first date was dinner. And we got along fabulously. Let's just say we sat down for dinner at 8 and before we knew it the clock said it was 11:45 p.m. and it felt like it had been five minutes.

There have been more dates since, including one Sunday afternoon when we toured Lambeau Field and watched football, rooting for the players on our fantasy football teams.

Like I said, The Coach and I get along fabulously. We have a lot in common and there doesn't ever seem to be those awkward silences that can exist during that "getting to know you stage." He's a pretty sweet guy too, even sending flowers to me at work when I was pulling a weekend shift two weeks ago. And there's no need to worry about if I'd be taller than him if I chose to wear a pair of heels since he towers over me at 6 feet, 5 inches.

And tonight? He's making me dinner!

So cross your fingers for me faithful readers. Because I think I like The Coach and I hope he sticks around for a while.

8 comments:

Deloris said...

He is making you dinner? He is a keeper.

MWGirl said...

The Coach. (Sigh). I am in love with every minute of this. Glad he makes you so happy.

Anonymous said...

SQUEAL!

Farrah said...

Can't wait to hear about more adventures with The Coach. That's awesome!

How tall are you? My 5'3" self has a 6'2" limit (6'3" tops).

Badgergirl said...

I check in at about 5'5" maybe 5'6", on a good day. So with his extra 11 inches, I come up to his chest, but I'm not complaining.

Farrah said...

Mmm, I love tall boys.

Anonymous said...

I onced dated a 6'-5"-er. They make you feel safe :-) And, by the way, I nearly squealed (too) at reading this. Yay for nice boys!

Bethany K. Warner said...

Good for you.
How was the dinner?