Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've lost the will to live

The entire week I've been leaving my office at 6 p.m., barely able to think straight after dealing with the horrendous story I've been working on all week.

This has affected me in multiple ways.

One: I have not been to the YMCA in a week. Yes. Remember how last week I was excited that I went two days in a row and I was finally back into my old gym habits? Well scratch that. Because of my work craziness, I haven't gone to the gym. Once I leave the office at 6 p.m., I don't have the energy or will power to spend 30 minutes on the treadmill running to nowhere or an elliptical. I just want to go home and sit and stare. Preferably at the bright pictures that glow from my TV.

Two: Because all I want to do when I get home is stare at the TV, I don't have the energy, or concentration to read. My mind wanders aimlessly, making it hard to follow the words in my books. And it's not because I don't have good books to read. I have less than 100 pages left in "Truck: A Love Story" by Michael Perry and I can't bring myself to sit down and concentrate long enough for me to be able to read it. And the longer it takes me to finish this book means the less time I have to finish the other 6 books that are currently in my pile to be read by Feb. 10. That's not good. Thankfully the library allows for renewals.

Now it's time for me to find something in my house to eat and stare at the pretty pictures being broadcast on my TV. At least tonight's TV schedule doesn't require much analyzing and thinking. Grey's Anatomy and Ugly Betty are pretty straight forward.

No comments: