Saturday, December 9, 2006

Consider this your last warning

This is the last straw.

Something has to be done about my temperamental VCR.

After a full day of Christmas shopping, I was looking forward to coming home, changing into sweats and enjoying the Wisconsin versus Marquette basketball game I had taped this afternoon.

Wait, let me rephrase that. The game I thought I had taped.

Turns out today was one of those days the temperamental piece of crap decided it didn't feel like going into record mode, even though the timer was set, the day and timer were correct and the little red light was on that indicated it was ready to kick into record mode at 12:54 p.m.

Yeah, never started recording. Instead of watching a highly anticipated basketball game, all that was on the tape was an episode of Grey's Anatomy, which on any other day would have made me quite happy. But not today. Today I was ready for basketball.

So now I'm crabby. And the VCR better start counting its days left in my apartment because it's either going to a repairman to be fixed or else will find its new home in the dumpster if fixing it ends up costing more than replacing it.

Either way...this VCR's days are numbered and someday (hopefully soon), I'll be able to set my VCR and not have to worry that it decides to record.

No comments: