Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. After baking for the last two days, we've finally got some relief here in Wisconsin. No more upper 80s and 90s and super humid weather to deal with. Granted it's a bit of a shock to the body since the high today? Yeah, it was in the lower to mid-60s. A bit of a change. But I'm not complaining.

2. What does the cooler temps mean? I can finally head outside for a run again and not worry about dying from heat stroke! Super pumped to log a few miles after work tonight. But they'll be easy miles because...


3. I'm running my first 10K EVER on Saturday! I'm running the Bellin Run 10K in Green Bay Saturday. It's one of the largest 10Ks in the country and as of mid-day Wednesday, about 17,000 people had already registered and race organizers were hoping to hit that 20,000 runner mark. I'm looking forward to it. And thankfully the weather should be perfect running weather. Mid-50s at race time with a slight chance of showers. It would be nice if the slight chance of showers disappeared though.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Good luck tomorrow! My favorite part of the race is after mile 2 when you turn the corner and run downhill. Take a look at the "sea" of people as you run. It's overwhelming.