Saturday, October 23, 2010

Some weekend randomness

It's Saturday night. My mind has pretty much shut down for the night. That's why you get bullet points.

  • My night as a Diva. Thursday night I headed up to Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley with my friend Jess for Diva Night. There were chair massages, a chocolate. A little bit of cheese and wine. Add in some shopping and a bra fitting along with the pre-Diva Night dinner and girl talk and it was a good night. I couldn't resist making a few small purchases. I picked up a Nathan Quickdraw Plus handheld water bottle (in pink - it is October you know) and a Moving Comfort Charity sports bra (in plain old white). And today I learned my name had been drawn to win a free Enell sports bra, which was one of the raffle prizes. Pretty good night. The photo above is Jess (in black) and I talking to a chiropractor about the wonders of Biofreeze. More photos can be found here.
  • My original plan for the weekend had me running my 9 mile run this morning. The weatherman said there was a chance of rain, but the morning should be dry. I thought I was good to go. Nope. I opened my eyes and didn't even need to look out the window. I could hear the rain pounding on the window. I don't run outside in the pouring rain. It eventually stopped in the afternoon, but it was too late.
  • Because it was time for the Badgers to take on Iowa. Coming off a huge victory over then-No. 1 Ohio State last weekend, Wisconsin was heading to Iowa to take on the Hawkeyes. Amazing game. Back and forth. It all came down to a final drive - which included a fake punt on fourth down - that ended with a Badger touchdown with 1:06 remaining. Then it was time for the Badgers to play some defense. And yes, they got a little help from the Iowa coaching staff - still not sure why they decided to call that time out after getting a first down with 12 seconds remaining. But what matters is the Badgers win 31-10!
  • I've still got a 9 miler on tap for the weekend. It'll get done Sunday. And it's still supposed to rain. Either outside or else I'm heading over to the YMCA to run circles around the indoor track. Because honestly, 9 miles on a treadmill? I don't know if I can do that.
  • I finished the first 13 episodes of Glee. Loved. It. Now I have to patiently wait until the library decides to get me the next installment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. love the back of my head :) Such a fun night!!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

I think Diva Night sounds like it was a blast!

Bucky is having a great year, no?

Hope your run went well. (I bagged my run tonight because I just could not get my head around running in windy and rainy conditions (yet))