Sunday, October 31, 2010

October reading recap

So apparently the key to me tearing through a bunch of books in a month is to give me a bunch of books that have vampires, werewolves, fairies and demons in them. Huh.

Why you ask? Well I managed to finish six books in October totalling 1,930 pages. For those of you keeping track at home, the last time I managed to read six books in a month? December 2009. And I still fell short of my yearly goal of 40 books. But I think 40 is totally doable this year. Through the end of October I've finished 32 books for a total of 11,292 pages. Only eight more books to go. And two months to do it.

Given that bit about the vampires, werewolves, fairies and demons, it shouldn't be a surprise what I read in October. But here's the list:

Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

For those keeping track, that's the entire Sookie Stackhouse series. Or at least all of the ones that have been written and published. Take that back. A friend of mine did loan me a collection of short stories involving Sookie and her non-human friends. But I think I'm going to wait a bit before diving into it. I need a Sookie break. But don't worry. I've got other titles on my "to read" list and my friend the public library is coming through for me with books to read.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the reading, girl!