Mother Nature was still being unfriendly - cold, windy, rainy - so I planned on logging some miles on my parents' treadmill. Even packed my running gear when I headed up to their house for the afternoon. But I got there and I just wasn't feeling it. 11 miles on a treadmill? That's a lot. And I was tired. And my foot hurts a bit.
So I made the decision to skip out on my long run for the weekend and will do the 11 miles next weekend for my final "long" run before the half on May 16. Hopefully I won't regret the decision.
And in non-running news, would you like to know the traits that will make me run far away from a possibility of a second date? Because that's what happened yesterday. I met up with this
- Showed me he's entirely incapable of making a decision.
- Changed the place we were meeting in mid-route - and it ended up being a location closer to where he lived, making my drive longer.
- Was obsessively checking his cell phone during the date - even took a phone call from a contractor he was getting a bid from about kitchen cabinets! Um, isn't that what voicemail is for?
- Managed to use the word "retarded" 4 times in situations where he totally could have used an alternate word and had the same meaning. Once I could handle, but 4 times? And considering I have a cousin who has special needs - not cool in Badgergirl's book.
- Our (final) meeting place was in a city he was familiar with - yet he had no plan (indecisiveness shines) and almost expected me to come up with something to do.
- Kept talking about marriage. On the first date.
- Thought his GPS unit in his car was God. Now, Garmin Gus might be God, but his GPS unit which couldn't even give straightforward directions? Not God.
- Has awful driving skills. As in almost got me killed when he turned the wrong way down a one-way street into oncoming traffic and almost left me with whiplash on several occasions because he had to swerve really quickly to be in the correct lane of traffic (see: his GPS unit is not God).
So that was the only running I did this weekend. I ran away from a potential repeat in the dating world.