2. I paid a visit to the YMCA tonight. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but apparently I thought it was going to be kind of crappy weather today after work. Which meant I ended up doing my 7 miles on the treadmill. Ouch. On the plus side, I switched treadmills mid-way through the run, so the distance display never actually read 7 and since they were smaller numbers, it was quite as painful. Bad thing? My foot's kind of sore tonight. Guess I'll be icing and taking some ibuprofen and crossing my fingers it feels better soon.
3. I'm a week into the 3 Changes Challenge that Amanda at Run to the Finish is hosting. I've taken some baby steps towards making those changes.
- Drink More Water: I've been focusing on this one this week. And so far it's going pretty well. I do really well with the water intake at work, but then see the water consumption drop a bit once I get home at night. I'll have to work on that a bit more.
- Do more strength/core work: This has been the hardest change for me so far. I really need to work on it this upcoming week.
- Allow myself to hit the snooze button only once: Baby steps. Some mornings I've utterly failed at this change, others I done pretty well. Ironically, the two days I actually only hit the snooze button once? Saturday and Sunday. And while I've been going over my snooze button allotment during the week, I have cut back a bit. I'll continue to work on this.