- Thanks for all the well wishes on my 5K PR from Sunday. But I wasn't done once I crossed that finish line and met up with Running Diva Mom. Nope. The half marathon training plan called for a long run of 10 miles last weekend, and since I didn't want to do it the day before the 5K, I planned on doing it after. So I left the finish line area, headed out to the Wiouwash Trail and logged an additional 7 miles. And let me tell you. It was brutal. Hard. So hard I almost turned around at the 2 mile marker and turned it into an extra 4 miles. But I kept going. Even had a shirt change (in the wooded part of the trail) around the 4 mile point because I was getting too toasty in my long sleeves with a short sleeve tech shirt layered on top. So the run was hard. And there were so many times I wanted to quit, but I kept going. And when I was done? I was thrilled. And then was totally lazy for the rest of the day. I think I earned it.
- During the brutal 7 miles I finally got to try out the mint chocolate Gu everyone in blogland has been raving about. Fabulous! Might actually overtake the chocolate outrage as my Gu of choice.
- The legs were still kind of sore on Monday, so instead of a run, I went for the season's first outdoor bike ride. It felt so nice to be on my bike again. I took it nice and slow and only went 5 miles, but it was a nice change of pace. Now I just need to start incorporating more bike workouts because the High Cliff Tri? It's two months away.
- Speaking of the High Cliff Tri, I think I've forgotten what the pool looks like. Yup. Haven't donned the swim cap and goggles in I don't know how long. That's scary. Must get back in the pool. Pronto!
- Talking about the bike and swim reminds me I really need to sit down and try to figure out a training plan of attack for the next few months. A plan that incorporates not only half marathon training but also tri training. Suggestions?
- Tonight's 4 mile run went pretty well, but the legs were still a bit stiff. Thankfully they started to feel better during the second half of the run.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I'm pressed for time tonight, so I give you bullet point style randomness. Because really, is there a better form of randomness?