Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June reading recap

June was a fairly good month for me reading-wise. I'm not sure why the numbers jumped. Yes, I had a week off during the middle of the month, but I didn't spend a lot of time reading that week. Who knows. All I know is that pages were turned and words were read.

I finished five books and 1,507 pages in June. That brings the year's total to 17 books and 5,959 pages. That's still behind last year when I had finished 24 books and 7,984 pages. Oh well. At least with 17 books finished and another six months left in the year, finishing 40 books doesn't seem quite so impossible.

So what'd I read in June? Have a look:

The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by William P. Young
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde
No Limits: The Will to Succeed by Michael Phelps
Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty

I admit, I'm usually not a big fan of series, since they require you to read books in order and it's almost impossible to just stop reading them in mid-series. But I find myself sucked into two series at the moment, the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde and the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty. I've enjoyed all of the books I've read in each one so far - yes, even the high school dramas in the McCafferty books. But the end is near in both of them. Only one more left in the Jasper Fforde series (although another one is planned to be released in 2010 apparently) and just three more Jessica Darling books.

No comments: