Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reading recap No. 12

Even with getting ready for the holidays, I found time to sit down and read. Maybe it was all the snow we got this month. After all, there is no better time to curl up in the recliner, wrapped in a blanket and devour a book.

Let's take a look at the numbers. I read four books in December for a total of 960 pages. That brings the yearly total to 45 books and 15,397 pages. Not bad. So what'd I read while the snowflakes were falling? Take a look:

Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
Marley and Me by John Grogan
Slightly Suburban by Wendy Markham
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

In a first, I actually reread a book I've recently read. Even though I read it back in February 2006, I picked up Marley and Me and read it a second time. I couldn't resist. I loved it the first time, bawled my eyes out at the end and loved it just as much the second time I read it. But this time? I managed not to cry. Although I admit, my eyes did well up a bit. Now I'm toying with going to see the movie. But I hesitate, because you know the movie is never as good as the book.

Check back sometime tomorrow to see a full list of what I read this year as well as a look at the numbers and if I met the goals I set for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVED the movie. You must see it. I sobbed like a school-girl, and I am not much of a movie/book-crier.