Sunday, May 11, 2008

Triathlon Training: Week 3

My third week of triathlon training wasn't too bad. I logged some decent workouts.

Monday: 3 mile run followed by 1,100 yards in the pool
Tuesday: A planned rest day since the cable man was coming
Wednesday: 2.1 mile run followed by 45 minutes on the bike, covering 11 miles
Thursday: Unexpected rest day
Friday: Rest
Saturday: A 60-minute bike ride (on my new friend!), covering 14 miles, followed by a 12-minute transition run of 1.1 miles
Sunday: Rest, I battled a nasty headache most of the day, so I thought it was best to skip the scheduled long run.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. Yes, I missed a swim session Thursday and I opted out of lifting weights this week, but I'm allowed to slack a tiny bit. Right?

Last week when I did the transition run my legs felt like a bunch of lead. This week it wasn't as bad. Yes, my legs felt funny when I first got off my bike, but it didn't take as long for them to feel "normal." And I didn't feel like I was going to die. If anything, by midway through the transition run, I was feeling pretty decent. Until I turned a corner and found myself heading directly into a stiff 30 mile per hour wind. Good planning on my part.

Bring on Week 4.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Week 3, lookin' good! :)