- Friday night was girls night. Krista came back to the City on the Water. A bunch of us got together for dinner, many many drinks, lots of fun and trip to the college bar scene, where we may have felt a bit too old at times. Like I said, drinks were consumed and fun was had by all.
- Until we made our way to the dance floor and Mandy had an unfortunate fluky accident that might have left her with a nasty knee injury. I'm sending feel better wishes her way!
- I spent Saturday afternoon at my 6-year-old niece's dance recital. Let me just say, little girls in tutus? Adorable. Little girls in tutus who keep looking at each other with the "I dunno what I'm supposed to do next" look because they aren't quite sure what the heck they're supposed to be doing? Equally adorable. But my niece did a good job. She didn't have to look over at her teacher at all during her ballet number to "Someday My Prince Will Come." But apparently she's ditching dance class for gymnastics next year.
- Last week I may have had a clothing crisis or two while getting ready for work. A lot of the stuff I wear to work in the spring and summer I've been wearing for the last two or three years, so it's getting a little ragged looking. So I went shopping. And I came home with three pairs of running socks, five tops, a pair of capris, a pair of dress sandals, a cute new purse and of course a pair of blue Nike flip flops, because a girl can never have too many flip flops. But I tell myself it's OK, because everything was on sale.
- And I also caved and bought a remote for my TV.
- I did not run one step, swim one lap or bike one mile this weekend. While I feel bad, I also feel like I deserved the rest days. I'll get back to the training grind starting tomorrow.
That's the end of the list. Because now it's time to go put laundry away. And then go to bed. Because the weekend's over already. It's never long enough.