Sunday, May 4, 2008

Triathlon Training: Week 2

Much better.

After slacking big time to kick off my 12-week triathlon training program, I got my butt back into gear this week and managed to fit in all the workouts I was supposed to. Well, except one. But still, missing one workout is a lot better than finishing one out of six scheduled ones.

Yes, there were days when I was able to sneak in YMCA time, but I planned ahead. Not something I do a lot. But this week I did. And when that Emergency Girls Night Out came up on Thursday? I just pretended it was Friday's scheduled rest day and swam the next night.

Made me feel good to get in all the workouts. Here's a glance at what I did:

Monday: 3 mile run followed by 1,000 yard swim
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 2.1 mile run followed by 45 minutes on the bike (for a total of 11 miles). Finished with some weights
Thursday: Emergency Girls Night Out
Friday: 1,100 yard swim
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 1-hour bike ride (covered 11 miles in somewhat windy conditions) followed by a 10-minute "transition" run (1 mile).

That whole transition run thing today was tough. My legs were weary after the bike ride, but my scheduled said I should hop off the bike and fit in a short run afterwards to get used to the feeling. So I did. And I admit, I struggled. That was a long 10 minutes. And hard. But I finished. And hopefully it'll get easier the next time.

Time for Week 3.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on week 2! Awesome.

And that transition from the bike to the run can be nasty. Glad to see you are working on it already!

Wahoo!