Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

A few random thoughts for the night:

* So NBC decided to air the finale of Friday Night Lights tonight. And they left us with a total cliff hanger. Will Coach Taylor jump ship and head to the college gig? Or will he change his mind and stick around the high school scene longer? Either way, I'll have to catch up on the episodes I missed mid-season before Season 2 starts...if NBC is smart enough to renew the show.

* Do I need to remind Mother Nature that it's April? April 11 to be exact? Because last time I checked, even though I live in the Dairy State, it is not normal for a snowstorm to hit. There's something about running at the YMCA, gazing out the the big windows and not being able to see the building next door because it's snowing so hard.

* Some books I had requested came in at the library, so I picked them up today. And now, even though I still have Harry's entire second year at Hogwarts to finish, I'm antsy to get started on these two. I got Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life and A Confederacy of Dunces. Both have come highly recommended. Both I'm excited to read. And while I have both of them until May 9, I'm sure they'll be returned to the library long before then.

* Three days until the 5K and I'm getting excited. I did a short 2.5 mile run tonight on the treadmill. I'm more than ready for the race. And the weatherman is predicting 46 and mostly cloudy Saturday, which means it should be decent weather to run in. That is assuming the forecast doesn't change.

* Tomorrow night is a possible dinner date at Uno's with my friend Nicole. Yummy. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Deloris said...

Good luck on your 5K Saturday!