Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Demons be gone!

I was putting one foot in front of the other, but I was really paying attention to what was going on around me.

My MP3 player was on shuffle and I was getting lucky. Good music was making its way through my rotation. A little Johnny Cash, a little John Mayer. Some Pat McGee Band and O.A.R. Even a little Green Day.

It was a good day to be running. I was about a mile into my 3-mile run and I felt good.

And then it happened.

I got attacked.

By a little, yippy, ankle-biting Yorkshire terrier. Who was sporting a red bow.

I'm not sure where it came from. I was running, minding my own business when all of a sudden this demon dog flew down a driveway into the street and started lunging for me. Going for the ankles. All the while barking its yippy little bark.

I tried to shoo it back to what I could only image was its own yard, but the little thing wanted nothing to do with going home. I tried to run farther out in the middle of the street. Nope. It followed me. For every move I made, the little dog countered, like it was attempting to tackle me.

Finally this guy comes out of the house. And casually walks down the driveway. Like it was no big deal that this little devil dog was nipping at my ankles and not allowing me to continue on my run. The guy was all like, oh don't worry she won't bite.

Yeah, until my ankle looks mighty tasty to your yippy little Satan dog.

He finally got the ankle-biter under control. And somehow managed to herd it back into the house. I could finally continue on my way, running far away from the yippy Yorkshire terrier.

I made a mental note of where the dog lived. And believe me, I'll be hoping it's not around the next time I'm out for a run.

No comments: