Sunday, November 30, 2008

Reviewing the challenge

So remember last month I decided to join a fellow blogger and try a 33-day challenge?

Remember I was aiming to complete some kind of workout, whether it was running or biking or taking a walk, every day until the end of November?

Well, November's done. And so is the challenge.

I have to admit, I didn't get a workout in every single day. But 21 of 33 days I did something active. I mostly biked and ran, but I did fit in a walk or two. Sadly, I didn't dive into the pool and swim, but I'm going to make myself get back in the pool soon. Maybe sometime in December, cause I haven't swam since July (eek!) and I kind of miss it.

During the last 33 days I

... ran 21.75 miles.
... biked 81.2 miles.
... took a few walks, but didn't record any distances.
... lifted a few weights.
... ran a Santa Scamper and a Turkey Trot. I didn't see Santa or a turkey, but I did see an awful lot of reindeer.

And I don't know if it's because of the challenge, or because the nasty medicine has finally decided to leave my body, or a combination of both, but the number on my scale? It got smaller this month! Three pounds smaller! I know it's not a lot, but remember I'm looking at an extra 30 pounds the nasty medicine and the Monster left behind when they decided they'd overstayed their welcome.

Overall, I think the challenge was a success. I think I'm going to try to keep it up, maybe not aiming to hit the gym everyday. But 4 or 5 days a week sounds do-able to me, especially since the holidays have arrived.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Hey, I didn't get all 33 days either. So much for that, LOL! You still did a lot and should be proud of what you did do! :)

December is here... and new goals can be accomplished!

Viv said...

That was a tough challenge and you did a great chunk of days. Not only that but you proved to yourself you could 5-6 days a week workouts. Says success all over it to me!