Thursday, November 6, 2008

A tire update

A tire update. And not a good one.

I took my car to an auto shop today, crossing my fingers they would be able to patch up the hole. I dropped my car off and went to lunch with a co-worker.

Eight boneless wings drenched in Sweet BBQ sauce later, I get a cal from the car place. They had news about my tire.

Not good news.

Apparently there was a cut in the side wall. I dunno. I don't understand cars. I know to put gas in, get an oil change every 3,000 miles and rotate the tires every 6,000 miles. Side walls? Those I don't understand.

But I do know the meaning of the word unrepairable.

And that's what the car man told me about my tire. It was unrepairable. But he could sell me a new one for $96.

Uh, no thanks. Just put my spare tire back on and I'm calling my real tire guy. The one I bought the tires I have on my car a year ago. The tires which are now three good ones and one unrepairable one.

I called my tire guy. Told him what happened. He sounded confused. Apparently it's kind of hard to get a cut in your tire's side wall. But the tire guy? He's going to sell me a new tire. For $60. A deal. Thank you tire guy.

So I'm still riding around with my ghetto looking spare tire on my car until Saturday morning. Then I get my new one. And hopefully this will put an end to my tire problems. Because I think I've dealt with enough of them lately.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you didn't settle for the $96 tire. Sounds like a pain in the neck!

Steve Stenzel said...

Mmmm... wings.

Good luck with the new tire!