Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I read some words in April

It's the last day of the month. And while I technically still have an hour or two before I call it a night, I don't see myself finishing the last 150 plus pages of "Atonement," so here's the reading recap for the month.

I finished four books during the month for a total of 833 pages. Not stellar. But decent. I have to keep remembering, the weather's getting nicer and my reading will probably drop. Anyway that brings my yearly total to 17 books and 5,465 pages.

Here's what I finished during the month of April:

Night by Elie Wiesel
Dawn by Elie Wiesel
What-the-Dickens: The Story of a Rouge Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maguire
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert

On the Elie Wiesel note, I had hoped to finish a third one by him, called "The Accident," but I never got around to reading it. So it might make an appearance at some point this year yet. But my pile of books that I want to read is growing. And it seems like whenever I'm successful and able to take a book off the "To Read" pile, I end up putting two more titles back on it. The pile? I don't think it'll ever disappear.

1 comment:

Bethany K. Warner said...

I think if the TBR pile ever disappeared, the world would implode because that would put things so off-balance.