Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Are the 50s really coming?

I really hope the weathermen don't think this is some kind of funny joke. Because if it really is a joke, I'm not laughing.

At the moment, the weathermen are telling me temperatures may hover in the 50s at the end of the week. With sunshine. Warmness? I'm ready for that. I've been ready for warm temperatures for a long time.

And if it really does get into the 50s, I might finally be able to venture outside for a run. Meaning, I wouldn't have to drag my butt to the YMCA and put myself through the torture known as the treadmill. Because the treadmill and me? While we get along, I'd much rather log my miles on the sidewalks, where I can control my pace whenever I please and there's a lot more to look at instead of just staring out a second-story window.

Yes, yes. I know. I could have ventured outside already for a run. Because the 40s isn't so cold and the snow and ice have finally almost all melted. But call me a wuss. It was a bit chilly for me yet. And besides, I didn't want to get sick. Again. So I stuck with the treadmill.

Tonight I stuck with the treadmill though. I wanted to sneak in a 2.5 mile run before hitting the pool for some laps. And even though my calf had been a little sore all day, the run went fine. And so did the swim, all 700 yards of it.

Tomorrow night I'm venturing into something new. Since I'm crashing at my parents' house for the night, I'm going with my mom to a swim-robics class. She's been doing it for a bunch of years and really enjoys it. I've been meaning to try it with for a while now, but haven't been able to. Tomorrow night's the night though. I'm not sure what to expect exactly in terms of what I'll have to do, but it'll be something different. And it's always good to mix stuff up.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Oh yes, the 50's are really coming! Believe me! And you will love it!