Thursday, April 24, 2008

I forgot about these springtime traits

The one downfall to spring?

The return of the bugs and creepy crawly things.

It's been nice here for a week. And so far? I think I've killed four fairly large spiders that decided to try to take over my apartment.

Me? I don't like bugs. The less often I have to touch them, the better. But when I have a spider the size of a half dollar crawling on my floor, towards my bed of all places, I need to figure out how to get rid of them. I prefer the scoop and flush method. Grab them in a wad of paper toweling or toilet paper and drown them by flushing them down the toilet.

And then I cross my fingers that the little buggers don't know how to swim.

The other downfall to the crawling critters? They're kind of loud at night. They make all these chirping noises. And since I can leave my window open, it can be a bit hard to fall asleep. Granted, the trains that come through on the hour every hour all night long keep me up longer. Or wake me up just as I've fallen asleep.

But I'm not complaining. I'm good at the scoop and flush method. As long as I don't get too many crickets this year. And the trains? I'll get used to them in a week or two.

Welcome spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, spiders do suck. We just had our house sprayed for them - an annual event. And I'm weird - I find the sound of the trains somewhat soothing.

Badgergirl said...

The train normally is soothing. But I just have to get used to it again. The windows have been closed for way too many months.

Erin said...

Oh God don't TELL me this (hands over eyes as I'm reading about bugs)!

I love warm weather, but this is one of those things that I can't deal with maturely.