Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sitting all day wasn't my cup of tea

I had a road trip for work today, which meant I did a lot of sitting and driving today.

So by the time I made it back to the City on the Water late this afternoon, all I wanted to do was something that required moving my legs. So even though I felt drained, I headed over to the YMCA.

I think I would have preferred to run, but all the treadmills were taken, so I hopped on the bike and set the timer for 40 minutes. Eleven miles later, I was sweaty, but I felt good. Just what I was hoping for.

That brings the weekly total to three bike rides, two runs and one swim session. Not too shabby. Now all I have to do is figure out how to squeeze in some weight sessions again.

And if I'm a smart girl, I'd get my butt out of bed early tomorrow morning and try to squeeze in a run before work. Because after work? At 6 p.m.? The Badgers take on Davidson in a Sweet 16 match-up. And I can't be at the gym when that madness is going on. Plus, if I run early tomorrow, then I can take the entire weekend off and not feel bad.

No comments: