Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm taking the plunge

I've got the book. And I've been reading it and picking up some good pointers.

Yesterday I made the trek out to Scheel's. And I picked up a new one-piece swimming suit. My 5-year-old niece suggested I buy red. I wanted black. I went with navy blue.

While shopping, I also snagged a pair of goggles. Because even though I'm supposed to be swimming in a straight line, I have a feeling being able to see while my face is submerged in water might be a good thing. And keep me going straight.

Later today, I head over to the Web site, because I'm going to take the plunge. Yes folks, I've decided I'm going to register and commit myself to training for, and completing, the Danskin Women's Triathlon July 13 in Pleasant Prairie, Wisc. And it will be fun.

Now the only thing I need to find yet, other than the courage to get myself into the pool the first time this week, is some shampoo/conditioner combo that will prevent my blondish hair from turning green as a result of the chlorine. Trust me, I need to worry about it. I walked around with greenish hair as a child for multiple summers. And I don't really want to do it again.

Yes, I have a swim cap, but I'd like some extra reassurance that I won't be walking around with green hair, which probably wouldn't look so professional. Any suggestions? I've tried looking at Walgreens, Wal-Mart and Target and no luck. I know the stuff exists. The question is, where do I find it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck but you don't need it. You are always amazing in finding out what you can do.

Terri

Deloris said...

Good luck on your training. :)

teacherwoman said...

So... did you take the plunge? Did you go and sign up ?! :)

Badgergirl said...

It's official. I've signed up!