Monday, January 14, 2008

These random updates need to stop

So much for the better blogging resolution. In my defense, my computer was dead and without access to my blog. So it's been sitting un-updated.

But there's good news. My computer? It's almost functioning now. The Blue Screen of Death was a result of a dead motherboard. But luckily, I have a service plan that covered the repair. And the folks at the warehouse where Best Buy sent my computer must have worked quick. Because my computer? It's back in my possession. And it turns on. Granted, it's still slow and I need to reload the operating system, but at least it's at my apartment and I have the option to save a bunch of data that I thought I was going to lose.

So tonight I'm saving data. And in the next week or so, The Coach is going to reload the operating system for me. Because he knows how to do that kind of stuff. And I don't.

In running news, I made it to the gym twice last week. The first run didn't go so well. I almost died after a mile. But a couple of days later, I went back and ran 1.5 miles before taking a walk break. And I wasn't as sore afterwards. And I didn't feel like I was going to die. It gives me hope that the running thing is going to come back, just a little bit slower than I was hoping. Which means that half marathon I wanted to run in April? I might be opting for the 5K version instead. But I'll see how the running goes over the next few weeks. Maybe I'll surprise myself.

And books? I finally finished a book that I started. Back. In. November. Ummm, yeah, that took me a little while. But I blame it on being sick. Because really. Why bother reading if you're doped up on painkillers and won't remember a word that you read anyway? Besides it's hard to read when your head is throbbing.

And what kind of update would this be if I neglected to mention the Packers? Yes. This weekend was wonderful. And I'm soooo looking forward to Sunday.

And I think that's all I've got for right now. Better blogs to come. I hope!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the runs... and uh, um, well... the packers?

Hmm..