Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And that made me feel stupid

A co-worker asked me today if I was a Jeopardy! nut.

I admit, I don't watch the show much anymore. But there was a time when I couldn't miss it. And let's not even talk about the times when I felt I was much more deserving to be a contestant than some of the fools they let stand behind the podiums and control the buzzer.

Hearing this, the co-worker got a look in his eye and told me I should take the Jeopardy! online contestant challenge test that was being administered tonight. It's the first step you have to take if you hope to join Alex Trebeck on the stage and try your luck at stumbling upon a double jeopardy.

So I did it. I registered to take the challenge tonight. It was 50 questions and I had 15 seconds to read the question and come up with an answer. It didn't take long, about 15 minutes.

And I've never felt so dumb in my life.

I know I didn't do well. I won't be getting a callback to advance to the second round of contestant screenings. Why do I say that? Well for starters I left a good chunk of the questions blank. Probably about 15 or so. And there was a good number of questions that I filled in an answer for, but wasn't sure if it was the right answer. In fact, there were very few questions that I was absolutely sure I was answering correctly.

I guess I should probably stick to watching Jeopardy! and feeling like I'm better than the folks who actually get to be contestants. And then I'll remember tonight and realize that they probably didn't leave any answers blank or just fill in words to avoid seeing "pass" come up as her answer.

4 comments:

Bethany K. Warner said...

Was it J-Bo challenging you to Jeopardy! It sounds like something he would do...

Badgergirl said...

Yup.

But had I known about it before he mentioned it, I probably still would have taken the challenge, since I do love Jeopardy!

Erin said...

Oh my God, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt stupid after taking that test. Wheeeeeew!

teacherwoman said...

I would have sucked. But way to give 'er a try!