Friday, January 25, 2008

The snow means I get to read and watch pirates

I swear it wasn't snowing an hour ago. But now the flakes are coming down at a steady clip.

Kind of makes me glad I didn't have much planned for tonight. Just a quick trip to the library to pick up two books that have come in for me. And public library officials, this time I promise I will read "Eclipse" by Stephenie Meyer. I know I've had it in my possession on two other occasions. But it's hard to read the third book in a series when you still haven't read the second one and then there was the time it came in and I never even went to get it because I was curled up in fetal position with a throbbing head.

So tonight's plan involves the library, going home and then sacking out in my recliner to watch the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Because I love Capt. Jack Sparrow. And the pirate monkey.

And afterwards, I just might read. Because I have lots of good pages to get through.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I've tried finishing "Eclipse," too, and just returned it to the library because it was due. I bet you got my unfinished copy!

Don't spoil it. I'm bound and determined that the third time's the charm for me on that one, too.

teacherwoman said...

it hasn't snowed here in days... been too damn cold! :)

Enjoy your reading ... and movie

Badgergirl said...

I still haven't gotten to read "Eclipse." Mostly because even though the library told me it was waiting for me, it was nowhere to be found on the hold shelf. Sigh. Guess I'm stuck waiting. Again.

And the third pirates movie? I hate to admit but I was disappointed. It wasn't as good as the first two. And it was long! I'll take the first Pirates movies, with that wonderful scene on the island with Capt. Jack and the rum. Now that was good.

Bethany K. Warner said...

I've got Eclipse checked out too and have been trying for weeks to get to it. Finally it's the top book on my stack...