Thursday, January 24, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. Birthdays. Yeah, it kind of stinks sometimes when you have to admit you're another year older. But in general, they're happy, fun days. Today was not one of those birthdays. A car that refused to start, getting stuck at work much later than I'm used to and hearing that it'll cost me $450 to fix the non-starting car. Yup. Not really the makings of a happy birthday. But then general thought among friends is I should just do a birthday do-over or, heck, just celebrate all weekend. It's got to get better than today.

2. What might have helped? Being able to go to the gym tonight after my no good, terrible day. But since I have no functioning car and am relying on a co-worker for a ride to and from work, that wasn't going to happen. And it would have been nice, not only to relieve the stress, but also because I haven't worked out all week. Between a crazy work schedule and below zero temps, it just hasn't been happening. And I'm definitely at the point where I need to sweat.

3. On the bright side? It's going to snow tonight. That puts a little smile on my face, because I'm really not a fan of seeing green grass in January when the temperatures are so freaking cold. Besides, it might be nice to be able to use my new snowshoes again.

1 comment: