Thursday, November 1, 2012

Three Things Thursday: Tyranena Edition


1. Want to hear something funny? I'm running the Tyranena Beer Run half marathon this weekend. Why's that funny you ask? Well, since my stellar performance at Fox Cities on Sept. 23, I've run a grand total of 33 miles. Yup. You read that right. I believe if you look back at my training log, you'll find one 10.3 miles run and a handful of 3- and 4-milers. Needless to say I haven't had much of a desire to run this month. So, I'll go into the run Saturday woefully undertrained. I fully expect to be slow, I'll probably end up walking some (the cranky IT band isn't going to like those hills) and there's a chance I might just set a PW for the year. But I'm OK with that because....

2. I never signed up for this race to be fast. I signed up because of all the people who will be there! My Ragnar Chicago team will be there for a mini-reunion, a ton of the Milwaukee/Madison running peeps I know will be there along with my running partner in crime Peggy and our good friend Myriah. So if I have to run 13.1 miles in order to hang out and drink beer with these folks? It's totally worth it. Needless to say I'm super excited.

3. What's not so exciting? Looking at the forecast.


Huh. Rain. Temps in the low 40s. I shouldn't be surprised. After all, it seems like every race I've run this year (with the exception of Fox Cities and the Madison Mini) has come with not so ideal weather conditions. The saving grace? We all know weathermen aren't exactly the most reliable folks. Heck, when I looked at the weather forecast Wednesday afternoon, the rain chance was higher. So there's hope yet that the rain drops will disappear or just be random, light sprinkles.

Bonus Thing: Since it is a race, I really should have some goals. But I admit, I feel a little odd putting goals out there since I honestly don't care that much about the number on the clock when I cross the finish line. But I'll throw some out there.
A Goal: 2:25. This might be do-able. Who knows.
B Goal: 2:30. I think I should be able to do this, even with some planned walking.
C Goal: Just have a great time, running and spending time with friends.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

Have fun! That should be your only goal. Just go knock down those miles and hang out with friends.