Thursday, June 7, 2012

Three Things Thursday: Ragnar Edition


1. It's Ragnar Chicago Eve! And I'm so excited! Grant I've still got a living room floor covered in stuff I need to pack and I still need to track down a few things, but I figure I've got all day to do that. That is why I took the day off today after all. I'm super excited to meet up with my team, The Panty Raiders, tomorrow morning and whatever the next 36 hours has in store as we travel 200 miles from Madison to Chicago. Can't. Wait.

2. What I could wait for is the heat. We got an e-mail from the race director with this nugget in it:


Oh. A heat index over 100 degrees on Friturday. That sounds swell. Especially since I'll be running my legs at approximately 6 p.m. on Friday, 3:30 a.m. Saturday and 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. I'm pretty sure that last leg will be brutal. Quite possibly the hardest 4.8 miles I'll ever run. Needless to say, any plans for fast legs have been thrown out the window and it'll be a "have fun, finish and don't die" kind of race plan. :) Of course, am I surprised we're getting this kind of weather? Remember Columbus, Ohio and Green Bay? Hot. I should be used to this by now, shouldn't I?



3. So obviously I won't be around until Sunday afternoon at the earliest. But chances are, I'll be trying to sleep then, or I'll be so sleep deprived I'll have hit that slap happy state where I'm UNABLE to fall asleep even though I want to. But I'll be back next week with a full report on my 36-hours of running, sleeplessness and shenanigans that was Ragnar Chicago. If you want, follow me on Twitter, @BadgerJen2002, for updates. Or follow @ThePantyRaiders for updates from my entire team!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have a great time!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com