Thursday, July 1, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I'm heading down to Milwaukee tonight after work to go to Summerfest. A friend and I are going to see O.A.R. play on one of the side stages. It's a band we both really like and we you factor in the fact that I got my hands on a pair of free tickets for admission and I don't have to be to work until early Friday afternoon, it's something I can't pass up.

2. I need a vacation. Actually I just need some days where I don't have to go into the office. Good thing it's a 3-day weekend. And my actual vacation? It starts July 9 when the clock strikes 5:30 p.m. Not that I'm counting down the days or anything.

3. This weekend starts a string of 3 races in a 13-day period. I've got the Firecracker 5K on Sunday, the Trek Women's Triathlon in Pleasant Prairie on July 11 and the Scheels Sunset 5K on July 16. Should be a good stretch of races. Although it's always been blistering hot for the Sunset 5K.

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Enjoy your weekend and have fun at O.A.R.! I would love to hear them live!

Your vacation will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a healthy dose of summer you've got coming up! Have fun!!

J said...

Enjoy your weekend and good luck in your races! Sounds like fun to race so many different races in such a close time frame!

Jess said...

Sounds like you have lots of fun things going on! Hope the concert is a blast. I really like OAR too! They're from MD originally!

Deanna said...

Hi...I recently found your blog. I'm also a Wisconsin runner (Neenah) and it's fun to read about fellow local runners with this Wisconsin weather! Did you end up running the Firecracker 5K? I was there and just about died on that last incline! It was a hot race. Hope you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun with you at Summerfest! Thank you so much!