Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This might qualify as a failure

This monthly reading recap will be really quick. So quick you might miss it if your eyelids happen to stay closed too long when you blink.

I read one book in July.

One. I tried to finish up a second book as the end of the month got closer. But it Just.Wasn't.Going.To.Happen.

That's getting close to a reading failure.

With the one book I read, that brings the yearly totals to 18 books and 6,309 pages. With five months to go, I'm still 22 books from my goal of 40 books for the year. At the rate I'm reading, maybe I should change that goal to 30 books for the year. There might be hope for 40 though. I would only have to average 4.4 books per month, which might be doable - assuming I don't pull another reading failure like July.

Oh, you want to know what I did read in July? Take a look.

Coop: A Year of Poultry, Pigs and Parenting by Michael Perry

I like Michael Perry, who also wrote one of my favorites Population 485: Meeting Your Neighbors One Siren At A Time. But I admit, this wasn't one of my favorites. But it was still good. Still worth reading.

No comments: