Monday, August 31, 2009

August Reading Recap

You guys. I feel like I'm back in the swing of things when it comes to reading.

Why? Because I read four books in August. Four of them. And 1,771 pages. That brings my yearly total up to 22 books and 8,080 pages. That compares to 29 books and 9,388 pages at this time last year. I've still got a bit of catching up to do.

But still. I read this month. And that makes me happy. So what'd I read? Take a look.

Thursday Next: First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde
Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty

I liked The Hour I First Believed, even though at 730 pages it was quite long. It had a little Columbine and a little Hurricane Katrina action along with some family history. A lot of stuff to absorb. But it was good. I recommend it. All 730 pages.

So it looks like I've gotten back into the swing of things with reading. And on a side note, did anyone else hear that Reading Rainbow is no more? So sad, I grew up with that show and the theme song is still stuck in my head. On repeat.

RIP Reading Rainbow. It was a good 26 years.

No comments: