Saturday, March 8, 2008

I gave my other MP3 player a lot of chances

I've been coveting it for a long time now.

It started when I would go to the YMCA, get ready for a run and discover that for some strange reason, my MP3 player decided to magically eat all of my music. Leaving me with no tunes to get me through a 3-mile run.

That, my friends, sucks.

And if it would have happened just once. I would have been OK with it. Called it fluke. But it happened multiple times. And reloading your music onto your MP3 player? Not so much fun. And it's time consuming.

As the number of incidents of eaten music increase, my desires for the iPod grew. But its price tag scared me. I still wanted one though. It looked so pretty and everyone I knew that had one didn't seem to have to deal with eaten music.

It was just a matter of time before the iPod was mine.

It happened today. I caved and used a combination of Christmas, birthday and tax return money and now I have a pretty little 80 gigabyte black, iPod Classic in my hands. And it's mine.

Now it's just a matter of installing iTunes and waiting for it to convert a bunch of music files before I plug in the iPod, go through all the setup stuff and load it full of music. Because the next time I hit the treadmill at the YMCA? I'm bringing along the iPod. And it will be good.

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Enjoy your iPod. I HEART mine.

Farrah said...

Now you need to name it :o)

Erin said...

I have iPod envy now. :)

Badgergirl said...

The name might take a few days, until I get a chance to actually try it out. But I'm open to suggestions :)