Thursday, March 6, 2008

Goodbye Brett. Thanks for the memories

We heard the news Tuesday, but today it became official. He retired. And he's not coming back.

Brett Favre retired. He held his press conference explaining his decision. And I was mesmerized by it. I held on to every word that Mississippi-born man said during those 60 plus minutes. And if you want, you can read them too, but I bet it won't be as emotional as hearing the words come out of his mouth.

And when the NFL season starts in the fall and I sit down to watch the first Green Bay game without Brett Favre leading the offense? Yes, it will be weird. And hard. Because Favre donned that green and gold jersey with the number 4 on it for 16 years. That's a long time. Long enough for me to only remember one other quarterback in Packers history.

So Brett's meant a lot. And I've appreciated the chance I've had the last 16 years. To watch him grow. As a player and as a person.

Thanks for the memories Brett and good luck in the future. You will be missed.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

I haven't really been a Packers fan, let along Favre. But, I did catch his conference and found it to be very emotional. maybe I am just a sap! He was(is) a great football player.