Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Reading Recap

Seriously. How is it May 1? I don't understand where the days are going.

What I do understand? I'm still reading. A decent amount.

I finished four books in April for a total of 2,044 pages. That brings my yearly total to 26 books and 8,911 pages. Compare that to last year when I'd finished 12 books and 4,049 pages. I'd say I'm making pretty good progress on the 52-book goal for the year.

Here's the list of what I read in April:

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck
True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

And now for the brief reviews, complete with number of stars given out on GoodReads. Follow me here if you’d like a more timely update on what I’m reading, what I think and what’s been added to my to-read list.

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire  *****
This was the second book in a two-book series. I read the first book, Beautiful Disaster, last year and this was basically the same story, but told from the guy's point of view. I actually liked this one better.

Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck  ****
I was browsing the library shelves when I came across this book. I remembered seeing it on a friend's reading list and they liked it, so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I ended up liking the story.

True Believer by Nicholas Sparks  ****
I needed a quick book to finish before vacation since I didn't want to have to bring multiple books with me. I've always liked stuff by Nicholas Sparks, so I picked this one up, thinking I hadn't read it. Well, it took me until mid-way through the book to realize I actually had read it before (way back in 2006, my pre-GoodReads days). But I'm not the type of person to just stop reading the book. So I finished it. Wasn't too bad. Even if it was a second time around.

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin  ****
And this is what took up most of my month. I know so many people who watch the TV show and love it and I've heard good reviews about the books as well. So I decided to give it a try. Well, I loved the TV show and immediately picked up the book. I wasn't sure what to expect. I don't read a lot of stuff involving kings and knights and war and kingdoms, but I was totally pulled into this story. To the point where it was hard to put down at times. It was a lengthy book though (807 pages) and the next books in the series only get longer, but I'll definitely be reading them, and watching the TV show.

As for what I'll be reading in May? Well I've got a stack to read that came from the library, so I'm sure I'll be busy. What are you all reading?


No comments: