Thursday, April 25, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. The calendar may say it's only Thursday, but in my mind it's Friday. That's because today is the last day of my work week. Granted I earned the upcoming three-day weekend by working on Sunday. Actually by working eight of the last nine days since I got back from vacation. That just doesn't seem right in my mind.

2. It's going to be a fun weekend though. Friday will be full of errands, you know, things I've been putting off doing for weeks. But Saturday? Saturday I get to jump in a car with some runner friends and do Runaway to the Bay, a 55-mile relay from Oshkosh to Green Bay. I did it last year with friends and it was tons of fun (also profitable since I made money selling tutus). Since two of my teammates are getting ready for the Green Bay Marathon, they both need to do 18-20 miles, so I'll only have to run like 8 miles, broken up into two legs, Saturday. Fun!

3. Apparently Mother Nature finally got the memo that's nearly the end of April. We finally get a weather forecast with 60s in it! And sunshine! Thankfully that includes this weekend. Should be great weather for Runaway to the Bay and I have a feeling I'll also be pulling my bike out of my parents' basement for a spin. Can't. Wait.

3 comments:

Carolina John said...

have fun in the relay! Glad to hear those flip-flops weren't just for NC use this year. Eventually WI always seems to catch up to NC. It really only leads in snow production?

I kid of course.

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for our temps! Planning to run tomorrow, hike at High Cliff on Sat, and cycle Sunday! Have a great relay!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Chic Curls said...

I enjoyyed reading this