Sunday, March 18, 2012

A week's worth of catching up

Things have been a bit busy here at Badgergirl's house. Last weekend there was a meet up with three-quarters of my Ragnar Chicago team (a recap of that will come) and then I spent most of the week without Internet access because one week ago today I replaced my dinosaur of a desktop computer with a new laptop.

Of course the switch to a laptop meant I spent most of the week waiting for the cable man to come to my house to hook up my wireless connection. And when the appointment finally came, he called and cancelled at 6:59 p.m., one minute before the end of the one-hour slot he was supposed to show up during. Something about he ran out of the necessary equipment to hook up my wireless due to some problem at an earlier client. Uh, OK. I guess. Long story short, the wireless finally got hooked up Friday during my lunch hour, just in time for me to leave for the weekend.

But this weekend? It was absolutely amazing.

Not sure what's going on with the weather, but we've had some very unspring-like stuff this past week in Wisconsin. We're talking 70s. Sunny. Summer-like. And it makes it difficult to remember that's it's still March. But I'm taking advantage of it.

Saturday morning I met up with my friend Peggy for a 9-mile run. We haven't seen each other for a few weeks, so it was great to get a chance to catch up over the course of 9 miles. It was a route we've route countless times over the last year. Even though we started at 7:30 in the morning, it got warm. Quick. She was the smart one, wearing a tank. I had to deal with sleeves, even if they were little cap sleeves, they were still too warm. My legs felt good throughout the run, even with all the hills in the last 3 miles.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching college basketball, and almost having a heart attack when the Badgers were playing Vanderbilt. A couple of nicely timed 3s, great rebounds and, oh yeah, 6-11 Jared Berggren blocking the inbounds pass to deny Vandy a chance at a 3-pointer that would have sent the game to OT, and the Badgers left Albuquerque with a invite to the Sweet 16. Yes.

Which brings me to today. More gorgeous weather on hand. For the first time in more than a year I headed to the pool for a swim workout. And let me tell you, I forgot how hard it is to swim. But I managed to bust out 925 yards in the pool. And since it was so nice out - a bit windy, but nice - I decided to get my bike out and head out for a ride. I ended up going 15 miles. Of course as I sit in my recliner, blogging on my new laptop tonight, my legs are starting to grumble at me a bit. I think there might be a date with my foam roller once I hit publish.

So that's what's been going on with me. I've still got some blog posts in my mind that I want to write. Hopefully I can get them done in the next few days.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Looking forward to catching up with you in less than a month! Let's work on those costumes. Do we need to order/make shirts?