Thursday, March 22, 2012

Three Things Thursday

 Photo Credit: New You Daily News/Associated Press


1. My Badgers are in the Sweet Sixteen! Needless to say I'm beyond excited to go home and watch them take on Syracuse tonight. I have a feeling waiting until 6 p.m. will be kind of difficult.

2. I'm hoping to sneak in a short run tonight before the game starts. This might be hard considering the start time. But if I can be out of work by 5 it is very possible that I'll be able to squeeze in 2 or 3 miles and a quick shower before tip-off.

3. I haven't mentioned a thing about my bracket this year. That's because it was busted beyond belief in the span of a few hours last Friday when both Missouri and Duke lost their opening games. In fact, the entire left side of my bracket was a disaster after the first round. Not pretty. In fact the only region that I picked well in was the East Region, where my Badgers are a No. 4 seed. I ended up going 7-1 in the first round, only because I went out on a limb and picked No. 12 Harvard over No. 5 Vanderbilt. Didn't matter because Vandy ended up getting beat by Bucky. But like I said, the bracket? It's busted. And I'm bringing up the rear in the pool I'm in. Not pretty. But the tournament's been fun to watch.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

My bracket is so busted too! But as long as the Badgers keep winning I'll be happy. Is it 6 yet?

Renee said...

Woo Badgers! (So glad it's my rest day). Also, I am somehow in first place in our bracket challenge and lost 2 of my final four teams. It won't last.

RunningFromCancer said...

I skipped the pool at work - so no bracket for me!

There should be an award for last!