Thursday, April 14, 2011

Three Things Thursday: The Oshkosh Half Marathon edition

1. Dude. The Oshkosh Half Marathon is so close! Right now (almost 11 p.m. on Thursday night) it's less than 36 hours away. Needless to say it was hard to concentrate at work today. I had all these half marathon thoughts going through my head. Good thing I took Friday off. The day will be full of phone shopping (smartphone here I come!), expo-ing with my a friend and heading out for a training team dinner. And at some point I've GOT to figure out what I'm going to wear Saturday.

2. Since I headed out for that very first bone-chillingly cold run with the training group on Jan. 22, I've run 251.15 miles over the course of 49 runs. My schedule was 12 weeks with five runs per week. That's a total of 60 planned runs. I missed 11 - 2 were during the first week when I didn't actually have a plan in my hands, 5 were due to work-related madness, 2 after my car accident, 1 for a migraine, 1 just because I needed a day off. That final run I missed? It was today. And I don't feel too bad about missing it since it was a mile. I'll get that in in walking tomorrow.

3. So do I have goals for the Oshkosh Half Marathon? I guess. Technically I'm using this as a training run for next month's Green Bay Half Marathon. But of course there's that little voice in my head that keeps whispering goals. But given the weather conditions - windy and wet - I'm not sure I can achieve the goals I have in mind. That doesn't mean I'm not going to try though. After all, I didn't put in all hard work these last three months for nothing.

A Goal: To finish with a sub-2:30 half marathon. That elusive goal I was chasing all last year.
B Goal: A new PR would be nice, so anything 2:43:57 or less.
C Goal: Just finish and have as good of a time as I can while running 13.1 miles in the wind and rain.

4 comments:

Deloris said...

Good luck Jenny! Have fun. :)

J said...

Good luck in the half!! Hope you have a great race and run a PR!

Renee said...

Good luck! I'll be keeping positive thoughts for you on Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

I like how you set a few goals, the ultimate, one you will be happy with and a minimal one. I will be posting something similar in a couple weeks.