Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I don't think I can, I know I can

Just need to keep this in mind on Saturday.


During the last two and a half months I've conquered hills. I've dealt with sub-zero temperatures. I've dealt with wind. There have been mornings of single digits temps and what seemed like gale force winds. And there were the Tuesdays when I thought I was going to die on that treadmill but I killed those hill repeats.

I've put in the work. I'm not going to let Mother Nature and the windy, wet and cold morning she brings me on Saturday defeat me. I will finish the 13.1 miles. The clock may not read the numbers I want to when I cross that line, but some weather isn't going to stop me from trying.

#DBWH

Note: I'll be back on Thursday with some final thoughts on the training cycle and maybe even put some goals out there.

7 comments:

Deloris said...

You can do it Jenny! Good luck Saturday. :)

palexander75 said...

Yeah!!! I know you can too!

Renee said...

You will rock it! screw mother nature.

Jess said...

Love that bit of inspiration! Goood luck!

RunToTheFinish said...

i think we all know you have the mental strength to make it happen!

J said...

You can do it!! It will take mental strength to get through those weather conditions but I hope you do well and have a great race!

Anonymous said...

All those obstacles makes you a better runner. Good Luck!