Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Don't be playing games with me Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.

Yes. You were super kind and gave us mid-70s and slightly humid weather on Sunday. It was wonderful. Even if the night ended up with a tornado outbreak here in northeast Wisconsin and I had to deal with hearing the tornado sirens go off not once, but twice when my county was under a tornado warning. But luckily that storm cell with rotation that was heading right towards me? It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Or at least I didn't see it since I was hiding out in the bathroom.

And it's been pretty nice so far this week. But then you give me a forecast like this.


Seriously Mother Nature. Did you forget? This weekend is the Oshkosh Half Marathon. As in, I've got to run 13.1 miles. The temperatures? I can handle those. Remember you made me run through some pretty nasty temps this winter/spring (remember below zero temps with a windchill?). So lows in the 30s with a high in the low 40s? I can handle that. Heck it might even be comfortable.

But this whole rain/snow thing? Unacceptable. Don't even try to tell me I'm lying. Yes, there's no snow listed in that above forecast, but just ask some of the weathermen out there and they'll admit to uttering that "S" word. Come on Mother Nature. Enough with the snow. It's April. I don't care if I live in Wisconsin.

If you change the forecast. Just tweak it enough so the precipitation disappears. Or even holds off until the afternoon, I'd be happy. Heck, I'd even consider staying friends with you. But if you let it rain, I'll be very unhappy. And you don't want to make Badgergirl mad. Because I'll send my friend the Honey Badger after you.

Sincerely,
Badgergirl

1 comment:

Run with Jess said...

I've been stalking the forecast ever since Sat popped up on the 10 day. I'm with you... I can handle cold, actually prefer it. But snow/rain mixture... please hold off until we're done running!!! I usually have my race outfits planned out well in advance, but I have no idea what to wear up there yet...