Monday, April 13, 2009

Some must-see-TV and a chipmunk

I admit, I'm not much of a TV watcher. Yes. I used to be able to watch TV and I had my list of shows I needed to watch.

But the last year or so? That list has dwindled. I don't know if it's because what's on TV is just so bad or because I can't sit still for 30 minutes or an hour. I dunno. But the list? It's almost non-existent.

When the fall TV season came on this year, I had a very short list. Grey's Anatomy and 24 when it started up in January. Well, October came and a night out with the girls for a drink or two became more important that sitting in a chair and keeping tabs on what was going on with Meredith and McDreamy and Izzy. I keep thinking I'll catch up with the Grey's gang, but at the rate I'm going, it might be summer before that happens.

Then 24 started up in January. And if there was one thing that was certain, it was that on Monday nights at 8 p.m. I would be parked in front of my TV for my date with Jack Bauer. Same place I've been for the last six season when Jack's saved the world. And I was doing good. Then a boy happened. And I missed a few episodes. And it was hard to catch up. So Jack's probably mad at me. Heck, we've probably broken up by now. Because I think I'm like eight hours behind on his latest saving the world from terror campaign.

Jack. I promise. I'm going to catch up. Hopefully before the season finale. I've still got, what, six hours? Gulp.

The boy did introduce me to a new version of must-see-TV though. The Office. Yes, I admit, up until a couple of months ago, I had never seen an episode. But we watched a few while I was visiting. And I was hooked.

I immediately came back to the City on the Water and reserved Season 1 at the library. I flew through it. Same with Season 2 and 3. I love 'em all, Dwight. Michael Scott. Stanley. Angela. Kelly. The Temp. I love 'em. But I admit, my favorites are Jim and Pam.

Sigh.

Jim.

But the end of Season 3? Where Jim comes back from the job interview in Manhattan, sticks his head in the conference room while Pam is talking to the cameras and asks her out to dinner. On a date? Oh my gosh!

And then the credits roll.

And the library? They aren't getting me the Season 4 DVDs quick enough. Must. Watch. Season. 4. Now. But it's not in yet. Some other fool is taking their sweet time. Probably will keep the DVDs too long, rack up a late fee and make me wait.

Must see more episodes of The Office and find out what happens to Jim and Pam and their date.

****

And speaking of dates. I went on one Friday night. It was one of those blind date varieties. In terms of looks he reminded me of Theodore (the chipmunk on the right) from Alvin and the Chipmunks and in personality? It was like hanging out with a 30-something man with the mentality of a college sophomore who could only say the word "Awesome" like a wanna be Boston boy. Kind of annoying. Needless to say there will not be a second date.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

All the bad dates make you appreciate the good ones so much more. Plus, they make for fun stories to tell. And BTW, I think you're awesome.

missinsidegirl said...

I heart The Office! Only, the new season? Sadly, just off-formula. Not the same. Boo.

P.S. Yay for dates :)