Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It was just a quick spin, but it was so good

After two gloomy, cold, wet and windy days, the sun and warmer temperatures decided to return today.

Since I'm working a week of nights this week, I had time this morning to just putz around a bit. I had my English muffin with peanut butter, checked my e-mail, watched an episode of The Office and then checked the weather.

51.

As in, the mercury in the thermometer was spilling over 50 degrees. At least that's what the National Weather Service was telling me. And although it was a bit windy, I couldn't resist. Must go outside and enjoy the spring-like weather.

So the big question was do I throw on the running shoes and go for a run or do I pull the bike out and take a ride?

It was actually an easy decision.

After the sub-par 5K Saturday, I had loaded my bike up on my car and took it up to my parents' house where my Dad showed it a little TLC. Some air for the tires, grease for the chain and some other mystery cure for squeaky brakes. My bike, which still doesn't have a name, was ready to log some miles and I did take a good ride on Saturday afternoon.

That ride was fabulous. So it was a no-brainer when I had to decide between a run and a ride today. I wanted to jump back in the saddle and ride some more. So I did.

I only had about 45 minutes, so I hopped on and took off. I ended up riding 7.5 miles and I wish it could have been farther, but I thought a shower was in order before I headed into work and sat in a courtroom all afternoon.

The best part? I have a three-day weekend coming up and the National Weather Service folks tell me it's supposed to be gorgeous. Sunny. Summer-like temperatures. Granted, there are a few chances of thunderstorms. But still. It's going to be nice. And I won't be stuck at work. So I can assure you a long bike ride, or two, will be taken and I may even run.

Can't. Wait.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the ride. It is 80 degrees here today, but we expect snow this weekend. got love the Midwest weather!

Jess said...

Great job on the ride!