Thursday, September 11, 2008

The treadmill wasn't so scary

It smelled like dead fish when I walked out of my office building today. And if that wasn't odd enough, the "1812 Overture" was being blared out of loud speakers right down the street.

Add some humidity and I was glad I was heading back indoors to end my recent running drought.

That's right folks. Tonight I stepped on the treadmill to nowhere and logged 2.25 miles. Yes, they were slow miles. And hard miles. But they were miles. Ones that I ran. Even though it was painful at times.

And it was everything I thought it was going to be.

Because I know running's not easy. Especially when I haven't put one foot in front of the other for a run since July 24. That's too many days for me to count at the moment. But I do know it's a lot of them.

And I intend to not let that happen again. Starting tonight, I'm getting back on the running track. Because I kind of miss it. Well, I miss it when it's not so hard. But it can only get easier if I keep doing it.

1 comment:

Raina said...

Way to go getting back on "track"! I know how hard it is to get started again. Good luck and you'll be zoomin along in no time!