Monday, October 1, 2007

My new challenge

So another blogger, Teacherwoman, has come up with Octapolluza, a challenge to give her an extra push to get out there and bike, swim, run or just generally stay active.

Since the half marathon's done and it's starting to get fall-like here in the City on the Water, even though it's supposed to be in the mid-70s this week, I thought Octapolluza might be a good challenge. It'll keep me running and it will also force me back into the habit of hitting up the YMCA, a building I haven't stepped foot in since March.

So what do I have to do? I'm going to tweak Teacherwoman's requirements slightly, mostly because she's giving up soda. Me? I need my daily dose of Diet Coke around 1 p.m., so soda's staying for me.

Here's the challenge, during the month of October, I'm aiming to do the following:
  • 1 workout per day. That being a minimum of 2 mile run, a 10 mile bike, or 30 minute swim.
  • 1 optional rest day each week.
  • 1 strength training day each week.
  • I'm allowed 1 soda a day. I better savor it.

I started off Octapolluza on the right foot, I got in a 3.5 mile run tonight after work, the first time I've run since the half marathon. And besides the fact that I came home and was literally dripping like I had just gotten out of the shower, it was a good run.

We'll see how the rest of October goes.

No comments: