Saturday, November 25, 2006

Welcome waters



Most of my life, with the exception of my 365-day stint in the state of Indiana, I've lived near or by a lake. Growing up, I'd spend most weekends out at a relative's house on Lake Winnebago and while a student at UW, I lived on Lake Mendota for a year and spent a lot of my free time at the Memorial Union, on the shores of Lake Mendota.

Now, I find myself living and working just steps away from Lake Winnebago in this City on the Water. It's comforting. While swimming isn't as appealing as it was when I was younger, it's nice to know that I'm just a short drive away from being able to sit down at the lake and let my mind wander. I find the sound of water lapping up against the shore peaceful and relaxing and have discovered that I do a lot of good thinking as I sit and stare out at the water.

While I'm still getting used to calling the City on the Water home, it's nice to know some friendly waters are nearby.

No comments: