Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oil, wipers and treadmills, oh my!

So even though I'm the night reporter today, I still dragged myself out of bed at my normal time this morning. Not the most brilliant idea on my part.

But I was fairly productive. I went up to Appleton and got my oil changed. I know I could have gotten it done here in the City on the Water and avoided the half hour drive north, but I had a coupon. For three dollars off an oil change. Three bucks is three bucks. Plus I got to have breakfast with my mom.

So an oil change and a new set of windshield wipers later, I was on my way back to the City on the Water. And I made a pit stop at the YMCA, where I ran about 2.5 miles on the treadmill to nowhere. It was refreshing. Making it to the YMCA this week twice so far, it makes me realize how much I enjoyed my daily jogs to nowhere. I'm making a mental note to find a way to fit in a few trips on the treadmill a week.

And I finally filled out my official change of address form at the post office. It only took me a month. I'm sure my parents will be glad when my mail finally stops coming to their house.

But for all my productivity this morning, I felt it about 1 p.m. when all of a sudden this wave of sleepiness overcame me. I tried to take a quick cat nap, but I was paranoid I would sleep too long and then be late for work. So I'm crossing my fingers I'm able to stay awake tonight at work and that things don't get too out of hand.

No comments: