Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Are we there yet?

A week ago, my plan to get back into the habit of going to the YMCA after work was foiled by a sore knee.

Not so this week.

After work, I headed over to the YM CA. I laced up my sneakers, grabbed my MP3 player and headed upstairs to the room where all the cardio equipment is. I grabbed a treadmill and started running to nowhere. I had a little Dave Matthews Band, Howie Day, John Mayer and O.A.R. to accompany me on my journey to no where. Although, unlike past gyms I've belonged to, at least I wasn't staring at a concrete cinder block wall. Thankfully, the YMCA has their cardio room in a room where the entire front wall is windows. So at least you have some scenery to look at while on your way to no where.

By the time I was done, I'd covered 2.4 miles. Granted, I only ran about 1.8 miles, but still, after not running for almost three months, I was quite pleased with myself. I probably could have made it the full 2 miles, but I had a date with my TV to watch the Badgers take on Florida State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

And the best part, right now, three hours later, my legs don't hurt. And if it keeps up, I'll be back on that treadmill to no where tomorrow.

No comments: